Riverside - oldminer.co.uk

Go to content


Local History > Local History 1 > Lost Buildings
Just on this part of the 1877 map there are several lost buildings.

A Gin House. No not Gin as in a drink but a water powered (River Doe Lea) machine in a room for cotton production.

Engine House. Steam engine housed in here for coal carting and or other mining operations on a tramway (also gone). The tramway ran from Inkersall to Staveley.

Also the route of the Old Peverel Road which ran through to Casrleton from Bolsover and here through the later site of the Collieries at Markham is shown.

Picture is a copy of the original patent for a cotton gin.
Back to content